Theatre Management – majors get hands on training working with marketing, promotion, and administrative aspects of the theatre. Management majors also learn how to run a show with training in stage management.
B.A. Program – Theatre Management Option
Core Courses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18 Hours
- THTR 1113 Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 1133 Introduction to Technical Theatre
- THTR 1213 Introduction to Acting
- THTR 3523 History of Theatre to 1700
- THTR 3623 History of Theatre: 1700 to Present
- THTR 2203 Movement for the Theatre Artist
Theatre Management . . . . . . . . . 22 Hours
- COMM 3773 Advertising Copywriting and Design
- COMM 3883 Organizational Communication
- MKT 3233 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 3533 Principles of Advertising
- THTR 3333 Stage Management
- THTR 3783 Theatre Publicity and Promotion
- THTR 4313 Theatre Administration and Management
- THTR 4980 Seminar (one hour)
It is also recommended that students take the following courses:
Courses in communication, art and marketing, as advised by faculty and approved by the Director of Theatre, can also fulfill this requirement.
Audition Requirements for Arts Management
Promotions and/or Management Portfolio (stage manager, box office, PR, ad sales, etc.)
Headshot/Resume (if available)
For more information feel free to email email@example.com.
For advising please contact Professor Riley Coker.