Technical Theatre/Design- majors focus on the “behind the scenes” aspect of the theatre. They’ll learn not only how to hang it but how to create it and everything that goes under and behind it.
B.A. Program – Tech Theatre Option
Core Courses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18 Hours
- THTR 1113 Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 1133 Introduction to Technical Theatre
- THTR 1213 Introduction to Acting
- THTR 3523 History of Theatre to 1700
- THTR 3623 History of Theatre: 1700 to Present
- THTR 2203 Movement for the Theatre Artist
Technical Theatre Design . . . . . 22 Hours
- THTR 2122 Introduction to Costuming
- THTR 3333 Stage Management
- THTR 3343 Introduction to Costume Design
- THTR 3423 Scene Design
- THTR 3453 Lighting Design
Eight upper level hours required and can be selected from the following:
- THTR 1660 Theatre Practicum (one-two hours)
- THTR 1552 Stage Makeup
- THTR 3432 Directing
- THTR 4332 Advanced Lighting Design
- THTR 4342 Design Internship
- THTR 4382 Advanced Scene Design
- THTR 4572 Advanced Costume Design
It is strongly recommended that Technical Theatre Design students consider an art minor. If this is not possible, the following courses are recommended: ART 1103, 1213, 2223, and 2023 (or any comparable class.) Substitution in design areas may be made with permission of the Director of Theatre.
Audition Requirements for Design/Technical Theatre
Design Portfolio (set, lights, costumes, makeup, sound)
Headshot/Resume (if available)
For more information feel free to email email@example.com.
For advising please contact Professor Riley Coker.