Musical Theatre – majors receive training in music, dance, vocal performance, and acting to best prepare them for the myriad of jobs in touring companies, theme parks, cruise ships, regional theatre, and on the great white way!
B.A. Program – Musical Theatre Option
Core Courses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18 Hours
- THTR 1113 Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 1133 Introduction to Technical Theatre
- THTR 1213 Introduction to Acting
- THTR 3523 History of Theatre to 1700
- THTR 3623 History of Theatre: 1700 to Present
- THTR 2203 Movement for the Theatre Artist
Musical Theatre . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 Hours
- THTR 3013 Musical Theatre Performance I
- THTR 3023 History of Musical Theatre
- THTR 3033 Musical Theatre Performance II
- THTR 3043 Musical Theatre Audition
- THTR 3942 Acting Workshop Audition
- THTR 4013 Musical Theatre Workshop
- THTR 4232 Advanced Performance
- THTR 4980 Seminar (three hours)
Note: Students are required to demonstrate a vocal and piano proficiency prior to graduation. Details on these proficiencies are available from the Director of Theatre. The major program is just one component of a baccalaureate degree.
Audition Requirements for Musical Theatre
2 Songs – 1 up-tempo and 1 ballad from different eras (1900 – 1950 and 1950 – today)
1 monologue of your choice from any period
Headshot/Resume (if available)
For more information feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advising please contact Professor Riley Coker.