Acting/Directing – majors receive training in various methods, styles, and periods that will give them an overall understanding of what happens on stage and how to do it.
B.A. Program – Acting/Directing Option
Core Courses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18 Hours
- THTR 1113 Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 1133 Introduction to Technical Theatre
- THTR 1213 Introduction to Acting
- THTR 3523 History of Theatre to 1700
- THTR 3623 History of Theatre: 1700 to Present
- THTR 2203 _Movement for the Theatre Artist
Acting/Directing . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 Hours
- THTR 1312 Character Analysis
- THTR 3432 Directing
- THTR 3963 Acting Workshop: Period Styles
- THTR 4412 Directing Workshop
Thirteen upper level hours required and can be selected from the following:
- THTR 1552 Stage Makeup
- THTR 3333 Stage Management
- THTR 3423 Scene Design
- THTR 3942 Acting Workshop: Audition
- THTR 4222 Stage Dialects
- THTR 4232 Advanced Performance
- THTR 4313 Theatre Administration and Management
- THTR 4422 Directing Internship
Courses in theatre dance, special projects, theatre practicum, as advised by faculty and approved by the Director of Theatre, can also fulfill this requirement.
Audition Requirements for Acting Directing
2 Monologues – 1 comedic and 1 dramatic from different periods (Greek, Roman, Shakespeare, Restoration, early Modern, Modern)
Headshot/Resume (if available)
For more information feel free to email email@example.com.
For advising please contact Professor Riley Coker.