The mission of the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences is to provide an environment of academic excellence that enables students to reach their highest potential. By having personal access to exemplary teaching, challenging student centered academic programs and extracurricular experiences, students will acquire the knowledge, skills and dispositions that promote values for career preparation in education and the behavioral sciences, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning.
By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will be the leading provider of selected programs in education and behavioral science fields in southeastern Oklahoma and northern Texas. The School will exemplify a proactive and responsive educational environment by remaining current in professional development, cultural competence, and technological advances. Graduates will be characterized as competent, skilled and possessing the dispositions necessary for success in careers in education and the behavioral sciences. Above all, the School will continue to serve its students and ultimately society through innovative and collaborative programs.
Five Strategic Goals
- Academic Excellence
- By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will have widely-recognized programs in education and behavioral sciences that meet the changing demands of the 21st century.
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will attract and retain faculty, staff, and students with diverse national, ethnic, and racial backgrounds by providing a nurturing environment with challenging education and behavioral sciences programming.
- By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will have made major progress in developing “state of the art” facilities for education and behavioral sciences students in order to meet the learning goals of the School.
- By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will double its resources obtained from private funding sources, grants, and contracts and collaboration/partnerships with external constituents.
- Recruitment and Retention
- By 2015, the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences will increase its enrollment to 1300 by optimizing recruitment/retention strategies and by expanding its service area through alternative delivery formats and new delivery sites.
- Optimize our learning environment and model best teaching practices
- Retain a student-centered focus
- Expand the service area of the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Provide service leadership in education and behavioral sciences and expand and enhance collaborative partnerships