Important Dates Related to the Room Change and Consolidation Process
- First day of the 2nd week of class – Any “no show” (students who fail to check into their assigned room) will be administratively cancelled by Residence Life Staff.
- Last Day of the 2nd week of class – 12noon, Private Room request forms are due for those who do not have a roommate and want to retain their private room. (Those who had been approved for a private room, based on a request on their RH&FS Agreement form, are not required to submit a Room Change and Private Room Request Form. Please see your RHD if you have any questions about this.)
- The end of the 2nd week of class or the beginning of the 3rd week of class – look for posted signs related to “Choosing a Roommate”. This meeting gives those in attendance a chance to choose a desired roommate, and also give those in attendance a priority over those who do not attend, as it relates to who will be forced to relocate to another room.
- Beginning of the 3rd week of class, room changes will be considered and approved as availability and priority permits. (Upper class students, with graduate and senior students having the highest priority, are given higher priority than freshmen students, and the date the request was submitted is also considered.
- 72 Hours from a notice of room change: Once a new room assignment is made, the student will have 72 hours to complete the relocation (checking into the new room and checking out of the old room). Residents who fail to relocate within this time frame are subject to considerable additional charges. Residents who are reassigned due to a mandated relocation, and who fail to move within the specified time, may be automatically charged the full private room rate for their room.
- Mandated consolidation and room changes may continue through the end of the 8th week of each semester.
- After the 8th week of the semester, only requested room changes and requested private room agreements will be made. Students who wish to retain a private room for the next semester are encouraged to submit these requests before the end of the 8th week of the semester, as Residence Life begins to make assignments for the following semester at this time, and students who do not request a private room by this time, may not be eligible to retain the private room for the coming semester. (Note – there is a specific Advanced Room Selection Process for the fall semester. This process begins in March. Residents should look for posted signs and/or speak to their RA or RHD for additional information on this process.)
- Ask your RHD if you have any questions.