Each year, different community assignments are made based on the needs of our students and the residence life program. Our goal is to utilize current research and trends to develop the optimal living learning environment for our resident students. With this in mind, we maintain flexibility from year to year in how we place our various residential communities.
Features of all SE Residence Halls:
- A new key and lock system was installed in 2011 which allows each resident to access their building, suite, and bedroom with a single key, to the exclusion of other residents. Enjoy the reduced keychain weight!
- Each lobby and first floor common area has wide-angle security camera coverage, digitally recorded and accessible by University staff. This camera coverage was recently expanded to include elevators, and typically covers each entry and exit door as well.
- Each building is equipped with a state-of-the-art emergency alarm system, with a smoke detector in each bedroom. A central panel displays highly useful information, such as where an alarm was triggered in the event of an emergency.
- Each hall has cable television wired to each bedroom (and SHS living rooms). Residents will have access to the full suite of basic cable channels, as well as premium channels such as HBO.
- Each bedroom is wired with a high-speed Ethernet internet connection for each resident.
- Phone jacks can be activated by request in each suite in the event a resident wishes to have a land-line phone. Local calls are free of charge.
- Heat and air in Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Shearer Halls are fully adjustable by the residents of each suite.
Additional details and photos for each Residence Hall: