If a Chemical spill occurs that is determined to pose an immediate threat to any building occupant, proceed as follows:
- Notify all building occupants of the area in which the spill has occurred.
- Notify Campus Safety at 745-2868
- Ensure that heating, ventilation and air conditioning for the building is shutdown. This may require a call to Physical Plant at 745-2839.
- Vacate the immediate area of chemical emergency and report to the designated meeting area. If necessary, pull fire alarm to evacuate the building. Account for all building occupants at the designated meeting point.
- If direct physical contact is made with the spilled chemical, immediately remove all contaminated clothing. Flush any point of bodily contact with water for at least 15 minutes.
- Ensure that all those exposed to the spilled chemical obtain medical assistance.