DURANT, Okla. – The Board of Regents of the Regional University System of Oklahoma has formed a 19-member search committee as it seeks to fill the office of President at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
Regent Richard C. Ogden, Chair of the Regional University System of Oklahoma Board of Regents, said the committee is broad-based and includes Southeastern faculty, staff and a student, alumni, community members, and regents. He said the group will meet on May 1 to review resumes and recommend individuals to be forwarded to the Board of Regents for consideration. On May 2, the Regents will meet and decide on which applicants to interview; the Regents will begin the interview process on May 15.
The Board is seeking a replacement for Dr. Larry Minks, who announced on April 1 that he would be stepping down as President of Southeastern effective July 1, 2014. Minks will remain at Southeastern as President Emeritus and Distinguished University Professor of Leadership. He has also been appointed to serve as the Director of the new Center for Transformational Leadership at Southeastern.
The members of the Southeastern Presidential Search committee are:
- Regent Terry Matlock, Chairman
- Regent Connie Reilly
- Regent Susan Winchester
- Regent Jeffrey T. Dunn
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor of the Chickasaw Nation
- Joseph Badan, Student Government Association President
- Keith Baxter, Athletic Director
- Dan Boren, Former U.S. Representative
- Dr. Kitty Campbell, Chair, Department of Management and Marketing
- Dr. Bryon Clark, Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs – Student Learning and Accreditation, Interim Dean of the School of Graduate and University Studies
- Joy Culbreath , Executive Director of Education for The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
- Jim Dunegan, Durant City Manager
- Dr. Wayne Jones, chair/professor, Occupational Safety and Health
- Dr. Bruce King, Dean of McCurtain County Campus
- Dr. Chris Moretti, Faculty Senate president
- Dr. Jerry Polson, Former Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs – Outreach and Research/Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Henry Scott, Superintendent of Denison Schools
- Dr. Lucretia Scoufos, Dean of Instruction
- Kyle Stafford, Executive Director, University Advancement