|Internet Guides | Search
GPO | Databases
Government Documents at SE
The H.G. Bennett Memorial Library has served as a selective depository of U.S. Government Information since 1929. There are over 70,000 items in print within the collection. Selected materials of particular interest or lasting value are integrated into the general or reference collections. Other print materials are in Room L203 on Floor 2A. Government documents are arranged alphabetically and then numerically by a SuDoc class number. Each number begins with a letter or letters representing the agency that issued the item. For example, materials issued by the Department of Education begin with ED.
The H.G. Bennett Memorial Library became an Oklahoma Depository in 1998. We receive all of the Oklahoma government agency publications distributed by the Oklahoma Department of Libraries. This collection is located on floor 2A.
Both GovDoc and Oklahoma microfiche are shelved on the east wall of the basement near the periodicals collection. Eric Documents (ED) are in the cabinets of the basement as well.
Selected CD-ROMs and DVD’s are shelved at the circulation desk. Others are at the Microforms area of the basement except for the Census (C), Homeland Security (HS) and NASA (NAS) materials, which are located on floor 2A.
Legal sources such as the Code of Federal Regulations, U.S. Code and the U.S. Statutes are located on the second floor at the Federal and State Law Collection.
There is a tremendous amount of government information available on the Internet. Most government agencies have websites, and many of the print, microfiche and CD-ROM titles are also published on the Web. The Catalog of U.S. Government Publications is the place to find links to online documents. Our Periodical Holdings list provides links to government periodicals selected by our library.
FDsys/GPO Access Online Resources: A-Z Resource List – West Texas A&M University
MetaLib – search federal government databases
- Oklahoma Digital Prairie – Oklahoma’s electronic library
- Open Books – Oklahoma’s Finances: Online and Inaction
Documents.OK.Gov – state government publications
OKCEO — Oklahoma Champions for Early Opportunities
Selected State Agency HotLinks
Oklahoma Mesonet – weather information for Oklahoma
- Agweather – Oklahoma Mesonet weather for agriculture
EarthStorm – The educational outreach website of the Oklahoma Climatological Survey
SIP – Simple Irrigation Plan
Women of the Oklahoma Legislature — Oklahoma State University
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Information for Travelers
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Response Framework
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- White House – Homeland Security
- 9-11 Commission Report
- Country Reports on Terrorism
- Federation of American Scientists – Terrorism: Background and Treat Assessments
- National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism
- Remember September 11, 2001
- Terrorism: Attacks and Responses
- Terrorism– University at Buffalo
- War on Terrorism Resource Guides
- U.S. State Department
- Background Notes/Country Fact Sheets
- The Embassy Page
- Foreign Consular Offices in the U.S.
- Foreign Relations of the U.S.
- Treaty Affairs
- United Nations
- European Union
- Energy Information Administration: Countries
- Health Information for International Travel
- Human Rights.gov
- OffStats: Official Statistics on the Web
- Country Studies (Library of Congress)
- World Factbook
- Travel.State.Gov– Bureau of Consular Affairs
Henry G. Bennett Memorial Library | Southeastern Oklahoma State University 1405 N. 4th Ave. Durant, Oklahoma 74701-0609 | Phone: (580) 745-2932 | Direct Comments or questions about this page to Brandon Burnette | Brandon Burnette | Updated November 5, 2013