For SE Students and Alums we offer:
- One-on-One Career Guidance, including Help Deciding on a Major
- On-campus & Off-campus Regular/Work Study Job Listings
- Resume Critique & Interviewing Skills Assistance
- Job Listings from Business, Industry & Schools/Universities
- Resumes & Credential Files sent directly to Employers who request them
- Workshops & Special Events
- Job Search Assistance, not Placement
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University makes no guarantee students or graduates/alumni will be placed in a job or employed at all.
For Employers we offer:
- Resumes available to view online through the NACELink for Employers system along with student Credential Files (unofficial transcripts, references) available upon request
- Easy Access to our campus via classroom interaction and/or recruiting presentations
- On-Campus Interview set up; schedule, and reserve interview rooms online
- Post Job Openings (online via the NACELink for Employers system, or send them to us by email)
- Career Fair every Fall and Education Job Fair in the Spring semester. Register online for events.
Southeastern Oklahoma State University’s Career Management Center is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We use security precautions to make sure any information we collect about you remains private. Certain portions of our website may require that you sign in, or create an account. Due to licensing and other restrictions, the information in these areas is limited only to students of Southeastern Oklahoma State University and its recruitment partners. Your private information (which may include your name, address, e-mail address, and other resume information) is not shared with any individuals or organizations outside of SE’s Career Management Center unless you have authorized us to do so via participation in one of our internship or other career-related programs.
SE’s Career Management Center (CMC) has partnered with Symplicity and the NACELink web site, which is owned and operated by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). NACE is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information provided by students, alumni, and employers as users of the Career Management Center at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Please refer to the NACElink Privacy Statement for technical details and a description of the NACElink.com site.
Important Information regarding the text messaging feature (NACELink accounts are designed and maintained by Symplicity):
- Symplicity Text Message Disclaimer to Students – “By clicking Save Changes, I agree that the text messaging capability is predicated upon my service provider delivering the text message to me in a timely manner. I agree not to hold Symplicity responsible for missed messages and any pursuant damages. I further understand that there may be charges associated with the text messages, and these charges are ENTIRELY my responsibility”.
- Symplicity Text Message Note to Managers – “Each mobile carrier has a different limitation in the length of the message that is being sent. Please be aware that messages might exceed this limitation after substitution variables are replaced. A message longer than carrier length limitation will be terminated. Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered to the recipients”.
- Quantity limitations – Because text messaging on a large scale could cause a carrier provider to assume there is abusive activity on their server and prohibit the source from further access, there is a limit of 50 text messages per day that can be transmitted from each school. The priority order for reminders that will go out are: Counseling reminders, Workshop reminders, Information Session reminders, and Interview reminders.
Sites We Link to:
SE’s Career Management Center creates links to other Web sites which may help you in exploring career and educational options. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these additional web sites.
Use of Personally Identifiable Candidate Information by Southeastern Oklahoma State University’s Career Management Center (CMC)
- Through NACElink, available via the Career Management Center’s (CMC) website, students and registered alumni can post resumes, view and apply for jobs, and schedule on-campus interviews. The information in a candidate’s profile is used by CMC for job-search advising, promoting programs and services, notifying candidates of employment opportunities, and referring qualified candidates to employers.
- Like the NACElink/Symplicity (career services manager) website, registered SE students and alumni can post resumes and participate in online recruiting. Employers are able to view student/alum resumes (including video resumes and other related items), set up and conduct web-conferencing with students/alumni online, for job recruiting purposes, through SE’s Optimal Resume/Resume GPS website.
- Only the resumes (and related items like e-portfolios, cover letters, video resumes, etc.) of students who have given permission to have their resumes released to employers are shared with prospective employers.
- Resumes are selected based on objective, legally-permissible requirements.
- Employers cannot view student personal information (except that which appears on a resume and related items) directly through the CMC’s website, but can be given access to a student’s/alumni’s resume, if the student/alumni has given CMC permission to make that resume viewable to the employer
SE’s CMC may conduct searches on resumes and candidate profiles to notify candidates of educational or employment opportunities through email communications. By entering data into the CMC Savage Storm/NACElink system, students and alumni may have data included in aggregate reports used for evaluation of employment activities, educational programs, reports developed for institutional studies, and salary surveys.
Neither NACElink nor Optimal resume can use or sell individual candidate data. Unlike commercial vendors, NACElink and Optimal Resume staff cannot look at individual candidate data.
Personally identifiable information is protected both on – and offline. The data of students, alumni, and employers are password protected. NACElink has technical, administrative, and physical security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under NACE’s control.
The CMC does not endorse any employer and urges students to use good judgment in all of their interactions with employers. The CMC suggests that students request business references for unknown organizations before interviewing with them off campus or exploring job opportunities. Students should never give a potential employer their credit card, social security numbers, or bank account numbers, and never spend any of their own money on an employment “opportunity” unless very certain that it is for a legitimate reason (such as training costs). SE’s CMC advises students to interview in public places only.
Students and alumni should contact SE’s CMC if they have any concerns about the use of their information. Students and alumni can view, correct or change their information by logging into their account on the CMC website.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, portions of our site requiring registration should not be used by children under the age of 13 without parental permission. Children should ask parents and guardians before submitting any personal information online. Parents and guardians are encouraged to supervise their children’s online activities. If children will be using the Web unsupervised, parents may wish to consider third-party filtering software designed to provide a child-friendly online environment. Such filtering software may also prevent children from submitting personal information.